Metadata for Confluence Cloud now offers the Single and Multi-user field type. Now you can easily assign a Confluence user(s) as metadata values which makes collaboration quick and easy by allowing you to see who is working on a specific page(s). When creating a content category i.e. “Product” (as can be seen in the gif below), it is just as easy to set users who have site access as a metadata value. Thus further transparency to all working on the wiki pages.
Let’s take a look at how it works and how to set it up
Steps by the Admin:
- Create a user field type;
- Define if the users can select a “Single user” or, Multi user” in that field;
NB: Once the “Multi user” field type has been defined it cannot be changed to a “Single user” field type.
Steps by the User:
- One or multiple users can be selected in one field(according to what has been defined by the admin for that field);
- Start typing in the user field, and suggestions for users will show up (with a profile picture included);
- Select multiple users in the user field, they will be shown in the same order as they were entered;
And here is the view which can be seen once “Single user” or “Multi user” fields are defined
Create great reports…easily
With the new user field for metadata cloud feature, you can create reports according to your needs and requirements. The added feature gives you multiple filtering options making it easier to create different reports.
Feeling confident to try it out? Go to your instance now and see the new Metadata for Confluence app feature in action!